If you’ve recently lost someone or had a personal tragedy, understand that it is ok and necessary to grieve. Grief is a natural process. No two people will ever grieve the same way or for the same amount of time, but you don’t have to grieve alone. There are some steps you can to help yourself through this process.
I lost my father and my husband very close together, and through good habits and self care I was able to grieve and begin healing and growing in new and positive directions. You can, too.
Take the First Step
Tips for Self Care with Grief
Grief can make the simplest of daily tasks seem impossible. It can come with anxiety, depression, aches and pains, restlessness, and trouble sleeping. Even doing the most basic self care can help you get through this process healthily.
Sometimes the best you can do is just keep everything together. Protect and enhance your daily routines with these tips to reduce the amount of worry you have, and the symptoms you experience, during your grieving.
- Sleep and rest plenty, and maybe a little extra if you can.
- Make sure to take showers, brush your teeth, and maintain your personal hygiene.
- Eat nourishing meals and more vegetables. Eat more frequent, smaller meals if you’ve lost your appetite.
- Consider starting a multivitamin if you don’t already take one.
- Go for walks or start a yoga practice. Bonus points if you do that with a group.
You might be tempted to isolate yourself while you grieve. Sometimes being around people can be challenging but maintaining your support and social networks can help you heal faster and bring you closer with others during your time of need.
- Charity and Church service.
- Work and after work functions
- Have extra dinners and get togethers with loved ones.
Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Essential oils can help soothe the anxious or busy mind and the process of using them can help relax you and put you on a stronger footing. When you’re feeling down they can help lift your energy and your spirits enough to make it through another day.
Great Oils for Grief
These oils can help you with the ups and downs of the grief process.
Start down the path to healing
Get a free appointment to learn more about how essential oils can help with the grieving process.